Local News

FSQA DG vows legal action over social media allegations

  • August 20, 2026
  • 2 min read
FSQA DG vows legal action over social media allegations

Food Safety and Quality Authority (FSQA) Director General Mamodou Bah has vowed to take legal action over allegations circulating on social media, specifically Whats on Gambia challenging those behind the claims to produce evidence against him and the authority. 

Speaking on QTV’s State of Affairs, Mr Bah said he had deliberately avoided responding to allegations online but was now considering the courts as the appropriate avenue to address what he described as defamatory and slanderous claims.

“I am dead serious It’s defamatory, you know, it’s slander and I’m human, so why not?” he said.

Mr Bah challenged those making the allegations to bring forward what they claim to be evidence, saying he was prepared to defend himself through the law.

“I want them to bring out every single evidence that they have against FSQA, not even FSQA, let’s say against the DG I dare them. Let them bring it out and put it on the public domain.”

The FSQA chief also rejected allegations that he solicited donations from food importers and distributors for building materials, furniture, computers, printers and vehicles.

He acknowledged that a letter signed by him sought support from businesses for the construction of a field post in Sarre-Ngan, explaining that FSQA had been allocated land there but lacked the resources to develop the facility.

Mr Bah admitted the arrangement could be interpreted as a conflict of interest but insisted no money was received.

“It might seem, depending on how you interpret it, there is conflict of interest, but what I’m saying is that it was done out of good interest and because of our desire to see that field post open.”

He also denied allegations that businessmen offered to construct a guest house for him on land he owns in Jarra Karantaba, saying, It’s bogus it’s not true it’s absolutely false.”

Asked whether he would support an independent investigation, Mr Bah said he would, adding that if found guilty, he would not only resign but would ask that he be prosecuted.

“I won’t even resign I’ll ask them to prosecute me,” he said.

Mr Bah maintained that his strongest defence was honesty, documentation and doing his job properly, insisting that social media criticism would not distract the authority from its mandate.

Source: The Point

About Author

Cherno Omar Bobb

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *